vibration problems with M1009 Blazer

From: John Fuller (hotrod@mvp.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 14:00:02 PST

Hi list hopefully someone can help with vibration problems. A couple of weeks ago I started having vibration and noise coming from my M1009 Blazer. I have put around 6000 miles on this unit and it has new tires. My mechanic said it was bad u-joints and replaced them. I am still getting a small vibration starting around 25 miles per hour and it gets worse up to around 65 if you are giving it gas. If you let up on the gas the vibration will stop. I know that it is in the drive line some where. It feels like the diesel engine is missing when you give it gas after 25 miles per hour. I know that it is not the tires. You can run up to 70 miles per hour, shut off the motor off and let it coast and she is smooth as silk. Any ideas ?