Missing Data Plates

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 11:22:59 PST

 Has anyone ever figured out how all of the data plates on the DRMS and now
GL sales go 'missing'? I mean, is there a collectors underground out there?
They are either riveted or held on by 4 screws. It's not like they 'pop'
off on rough roads. Why would the military remove them while being used?
    How about all you 'lifers', got any ideas that were revealed over beers?
Like PFC Schmeddly stating while in an alcoholic stupor, "Ya know guys, to
get back at the ARMY, I steal the data plates off every deuce I see when I'm
off post. FUBARs the whole system...HIC !!" ?

    Ronzo