Re: [MV] Using converter dollies to move a box trailer or flatbed semi - opinions needed

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@kozowski.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 12:23:24 PST

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 02:32:37PM -0500, Dave Cole wrote:

> Gentlemen:
>
> I'm considering getting a converter dolly to be able to move flatbed and box semi trailers with my M51 dump.

I pulled an M118 flatbed trailer behind an M817 5 ton dump all over Saudi Arabia
and Kuwait.

> I'd like to get some opinions on the viability of using a converter dolly with a 5 ton or duece.
>
> I would think that backing up would be pretty much impossible.

Difficult, yes, impossible, no. Let me know if you want some tips.

> How about other considerations. Is it tough to turn corners with one?

Just like pulling any other trailer. You also have to watch you load placement
and speed and the trailer will want to fishtail more than a trailer not on a
convter.

--
Eric Kozowski
Joseph, OR