Re: [MV] tranny swap

From: DAS (minimade@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 07:29:49 PST

My uncle bought a #10800 gvw cucv with the 4.88 or 5.10 rears. He added a 2
speed Spicer (like most med. duty trucks use)between the trans and transfer
case. It was a 10% overdrive and adds considerably to driveability, and
reduces the rpm for day to day use.It cost $1100+/- and only req'd minor
driveshaft modifications.