Volvo 934 / M35 Axle similarites

From: Magnus Häggblad (magnush@ludd.luth.se)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 14:56:29 PST

I'm from Sweden and here we have (had) a 6x6 / 2.5 Ton (60's) army truck
called "TGB 934" made by volvo. They were in service until last year. When
all remaining in the military got scrapped. (~600 Units)

I just wondered, Volvo made those trucks, there where volvo diesels in
them and the axles where difflocked toploaders. If you look at this
picture you see a heap of axles that are going to be melted (couldent be
chewed by fragmentation machine) -I wondered, are those an american
license? -Because the Swedish are vacuum difflocked, i havent read
anywhere that the american are? -Just wondering if it is the same axle?

http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/magnush/utskrotningen/pics/scrapping_direktkontakt_stena_reportage_04.jpg

(Here in sweden they practically vacuum difflock every piece of military
vehicle)

I read a lot of american 4x4 magz, and the boys that builds out of 2.5T
stuff never mention difflocks.

/Magnus Sweden

PS. More pics of "our" 2.5T

http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/magnush/utskrotningen/pics/soon_extinct-volvo_934_6x6_01.jpg