Re: [MV] Automatic transmissions in M35A3

From: Kevin Strain (kstrain@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 14:25:38 PST

Kevin Strain Here:
  I have owned 5 Dodge Cummins Diesels. Two had Automatic Transmissions,
They both had catrostrofic
failures that cost me $3000-5000. each. Any one that has been around large
towing vehicles will tell you that auto transmissions to the street cars.
The military has moved towards auto transmissions because they
have lowered their strength standards and now have women driving the trucks,
they can't turn the large manual steering trucks and shift the manual
transmissions. Talk to anyone that drives these vehicles exclusively off
road
about the reason these vehicles have manual transmissions. Also talk to any
Army or seasoned National Guard
mechanic about the maintenance nightmare of automatic transmissions.
Kevin Strain
Petaluma Ca
kstrain@earthlink.net
(415)440-4044
1984 M35A2
1973 N51A2 Dump
Three dodge Cummins diesels
One Toyota 4X4 (Best small Truck I have ever owned)