Re: [MV] shipping a dukw

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 17:25:16 PST

Hi Rob,

>I need to move a DUKW from Los Angeles, CA to San Francisco, CA.
>The DUKW weighs 15,000 pounds. It is 8' 6" wide, so I think it is ok
>to put it on on a lowboy trailer behind an 18 wheeler cab. Can anyone
tell me
>who I should contact to arrange shipping for a reasonable charge?

Cripes, are you a sucker for ANYTHING amphibious :-)

How goes your Weasel tank restoration? I'm going to start in on mine in
a few months after the metal warms up enough to touch it comfortably
(still sub freezing up here). I'm out of luck finding some parts so far,
but then again I haven't been actively busting my hump to find them. Do
you think you might have some spares left over when you are done?

Thanks,

Steve