My stump sermon

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 11:03:07 PST

    I will probably get black balled for this but here is my thinking.

    It seems to me that the average vehicle weight of this list is
growing. That is more trucks, less jeeps. We all have our own reasons
and I'm not going to open that can of worms. Anyway my point is (not
blowing my own horn but stating facts) I had a CDL and the forerunner to
that, a chauffeur's license before I started collecting green scrap
iron, I was also a ASE certified heavy equipment mechanic, and was used
to handling a vehicle that weighed a lot more than the 34,000 pounds
that my M-62 weighs. I see a lot of posts from people with good
intentions that haven't got a clue about the care of a truck.

    Please consider that if one of us has a wreck or runs over someone
in a yugo (this goes for myself too) there is a good chance we will all
have to give up our pass time and worse than that, they will soon be
forgotten. This will give demil laws a new head of steam.