1953 M38A1 (Fwd from b52d@piace.com)

From: b52d@piace.com
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 08:56:53 PST

Passing this on to the group for a friend, if you can help, please
respond to his e-mail address. penetrx@mymailstation.com

thanks!

Dear Dave,

        This is Dan Tobisch from Sedgwick, KS. Just had a couple
questions for you. Is there any difference between the carb rebuild
kit that I can buy at a parts store- compared to the ones offered in
the supply line? Also where can I get info about my jeep? I have
found a few rebuild tags (1" triangle) on the engine - can they be
cross referenced somewhere? I also have a rebuild tag on the engine
block giving the specs of the rebuild but no date? It was rebuilt at
engine service corp in Orlando, Florida? I also have all the data
tags. It was a Marine Corp jeep and the last rebuild tag was dated
6/74. I have done a little sanding and I am done to the original
green with yellow letters. Not able to read the markings yet. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Daniel Tobisch # 23426.

This E-Mail was sent with Piace Webmail.
http://www.piace.com