Re: [MV] F/S Steyr-Daimler Pinzgauer 710-M

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 21:27:54 PST

Just a FYI to Jonathan and list...

>I have no idea what
>they are worth but I saw OD and hit the brakes. You know how that goes.
>Regards.

If you sign up for the Pinz email list, or check out the various Pinz
resellers on the web or in MV Mag, you will find 710M Pinzgauers of this
vintage and condition going for around $10,000. The prices for good ones
fluctuate +$2000/-$1000 depending on inventories available, location,
private vs. dealer sale, etc.

There was a run up on the price for 712M and 712K models (these are 6x6
Pinzgauers) a few months back, but they appear to have come back down to
a reasonable levels ($14k instead of $18k).

BTW, the typical Pinz owner is an offroader, not a MVer. So beware of
sloppy modifications, off road "abuse", and sometimes "criminal"
disregard for preservation scruples (one guy painted his purple, put
custom chrome mag wheels, and about a dozen "yuppy" conversions and had
the nuts to ask $20k for it!). I also think the difference in owner
mentality explains why individual sellers are often MUCH higher than
dealer prices. They apparently think that the vhehicle's value
dramatically increases in a very short period of times.

The Pinz is a fantastic vehicle, but I am much happier knowing I paid
$10k for mine 8 months ago and not $15k! That left me with $5k left over
to buy more Weasels :-)

Steve