M37 Engine Color

From: Corey Elliott (stormchaser@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 18:23:32 PST

Hello list,

I was wondering if anyone knows the correct color of the engine block and/or
other components of the engine assembly. I am starting to reassemble my
motor and am ready to paint.

I have searched all my TM's, posted to several other MV boards, and searched
the archives.

I have come to the conclusion that the engines were painted green when the
military rebuilt them but were originally "silver" (perhaps "Chrysler
Silver"). Is this true? If so, is this a similar "silver" that the WC
dodges (3/4 ton) were painted. I believe that color, at least all mine and
my brother's rebuilds are this, was considered a smoke white. Or are we
talking just silver, like a new quarter I just got from the grocery store?

If anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it. Even if you could tell my
ignorant butt where to look to find the colors.

Thanks,

Corey