Military engine ???

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 11:06:58 PST

Hello listers of all persuasions:

I need to know if there is any $ value... in an Hercules (very small) 4 Cyl
engine and generator.
Output = 120volt @ 15amps approx.
1]
This unit is damaged in the attached radiator. and needs rebuilding.
2]
I have no idea of the engine condition, however there is a brass data plate
showing the rebuild date... around '52 I think .
3]
Starter housing needs repair
4]
Paint is OLive Drab
5]
I'm looking to purchase this engine for a later project.
Please, any listers have Guesstimates for me ???

Rob P.
Upstate Ny area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back
'42 GPW Full restoration underway right now
'44 MB Radio jeep USMC version - Needs rebuild
'46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet intsalled
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny