Halftrack Identification

From: Travis S. (tls2771@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 12:20:07 PST

Thank's for the info everybody it's much appreciated. I made a mistake in my
first post though, the track is labeled as a multiple gun carriage I left
out the "multiple" by mistake. And it may be that what I think might be a
"3" is just a pattern made by the rust, the data plate is in really bad
shape and I can't be sure.

>From the information provided it look's like it's an ordinary M16, it has a
winch that's riveted to the frame, it has the radio box, no back door and it
has no provisions for a canvas top. Would it be "incorrect" to put one on
the cab? Also there is no power cord going to the Maxon mount or at least
where the mount would have been, mine is missing unfortunately.

It appears to be a later war model as it has the demountable headlights,
double springed idler tensioner and steel diamondplate flooring. I'm not
sure about the double boxed frame, it has reinforcements to the frame
channel in places but there are short sections that are single channeled, I
guess I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for in this regard.

I'm going to go ahead and call it a 1944, assuming the local Dept. of
Licensing doesn't give me a hassle with the title you can never tell with
those people. As to why the serial number was changed I suppose I'll never
know.

As soon as I get a website up with pictures I'll post a URL.
Thank's again.
                                                      Travis Sturdevant