RE: [MV] CUCV blocks

From: paul carrier (paulc@teleport.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 22:32:54 PST

I do know the manifold was pulled off of the take out engine
and called the block casting number into GM.

Funny thing was they didn't want us to leave the training
site with the old engine. We had it loaded in the M923.
Wanted to make the claim that the CSMS was sending out bad
engines, hard argument to make as the engine I picked up to
take over obviously just been pulled from a CUCV and put on
the shelf. Also funny that no one made me sign for it.

In the end the shop chief from CSMS had us bring back both
the suspect engine we had pulled AND tow the HMVEE back with
the engine we had brought over and put in.

SSG Paul D. Carrier
Readiness NCO
3670th Maint Co (GS)
Camp Withycombe, OR