Shelters

From: Jack (wa2hwj@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 06:32:29 PST

I was driving west on Rt 84 through Orange County NY and spotted a stack of
S250 shelters just west of the Rt 6/17M Goshen exit, on the south side near
a cellular monopole tower. Does anyone know who they belong to? They
appeared to all be forest green...but the weather was awful and I didn't get
a real good look.

Later on, as I got into Pennsylvania, I also spied some larger shelters that
appear to be the right size for a 2 1/2 ton. They have horizontal ribs with
a projection that would sit over the cab roof. What is the
model/nomenclature for that? They didn't look like van bodies, but rather
had the dimensions that would fit inthe cargo bed, like the S280 (wish I had
seen one of those).
The ones I saw were on a mountaintop...I would guess they might have ben
used by the local Hams for their repeaters. Pennsylvania seems to be a
treasure trove of "green stuff"!

Jack WA2HWJ

M35A2