Re: [MV] GL got me good- F/U

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:15:08 PST

I still like David Doyle's suggestion from one of his Mil Veh Mag articles: set the autobid at the highest amount that you will pay. If someone outbids it, then that's what happens. If you were willing to go higher, then you should have.

I had an M813 in Arizona (the winner might be out there on the list somewhere) and lost it in the final minutes. I set my auto bid as high as I wanted to go...the other guy had set his higher. He gets the truck...I walk with nothing. Same thing happened with an M36A2 that was at Forest Park, GA.

Bruce

1957 M125 w/w
1966 M172A1
1971 M35A2