Re: [MV] horses on 5 ton

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 12:00:39 PST

We all know how much care and attention to a vehicle a young GI gives his
truck. Yeah...ahh-haaa..
If the vehicle is turned up to the 350.....then the driver must put his
brain into gear along with the transmission..if they can..?? The vehicle
will take it !!! If -- the driver has enough brain matter to be careful...
Gene
I assume turning the 250 into a 350 will increase the torque, thereby
exceeding the capacities of the transmission. a friend of mine is a former
Marine who worked in their motor pool. He told me that they turned up the
fuel on their M809 series trucks in Desert Storm. He also said that they
twisted a few drive lines.