Bullet proof vests

From: Demonware Restorations (INDYN@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 23:07:28 PST

Not often that i get to have my say here but:...

I totally agree with sarge.. Speaking from personal experience (but unable
to go into details) an AK-47 broke two of my ribs thru the vest. Even the
ceramic tiles have been known to brake after two or more rounds and the
third etc can pass thru..
The kevlar vests were first designed, not for the military, but for law
enforcement agencies experiencing problems with street wars and handguns...
and even then they were designed to remove some of the impact of the
penetrating round, they still leave nice bruises and broken bones but at
least these heal and you have less chance of 'waking up dead'.

Only problem with them is they may stop bullets but have NO protection from
bolts (arrows). They pass straight thru... and of all the stupid things,
firearms holders are licenced in this country, but bows are not classed as
firearms... I know what i'd rather use... quiet, lots of hydroscopic shock
with the right tips, and ballistics are very hard to trace.. hmmmmmmm

Adam
New Zealand