Re: [MV] Kids and MVs WIll we die with them?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 09:11:42 PST

Hi Steve and all,

I'll chip in with the others and say that this type of thing generally
comes with age, financial stability (OK, stop laughing everybody <g>),
maturaty (OK, REALLY... stop laughing!), and something psychologists have
noticed about the aging process. Apparently it is rather normal for
people who age to start taking interest in things gone by. This could be
as simple as music or movies from when they are younger, or more complex
like setting aside every spare penny to preserve pieces of history.

I am 33 and only started getting into this when I was 30. Always had an
interest in military history, but for me... I couldn't have cared less
about OD stuff for the longest time. I was an enthusiast of armored
vehicles, WWII German for the most part. I remember me saying one time
that I didn't see the interest in collecting "old Jeeps and stuff" but
now I own some of the rustiest, useless pieces of former OD that short
change can buy :-)

So I say... don't worry. The bug will bite a new generation just as it
has bitten us all at some point.

Steve