Re: [MV] Kevlar vests (bulletproof)

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 21:15:07 PST

Hi Jim,

>It depends on the state in which you live. In Kalifornia, for
>example, it is illegal to buy or possess personal body armor.

I thought I remembered something about that. Was this after the Bank of
America heist? Anyway, that stuff is horribly expensive!

>Sometimes I wear flak vests instead of a blouse (camo jacket shirt)
>when I drive my vehicles because vests are cool and look
>nice...especially with a black or tan undersized t-shirt underneath
>with the sleeves rolled up while you hold your upper body muscles
>flexed as you drive. ;) This works when you drive a deuce or CUCV,
>but not when you drive a mule. ;)

Hehe... yeah, I haven't had my MULE that long but I do know that you want
max upper body mobility.

>I just happen to sell chocolate ship vest covers for $8 each in great
>condition plus $3.50 for shipping. Plug plug plug!

Gee, what do you mean by that? :-) Well, actually I don't have a US frag
vest at all and my wife just put me on a purchasing freeze. Hey, I can't
blame her after all the crap I bought this last month! So I'll save your
email and perhaps drop you a line sometime soon. Perhaps after the
pallet of rusting metal I just bought arrives!

Got a couple of Swiss, Bundeswehr, Bundesgrenzschutz (collectors item!),
and British vests lying around. I'd have more but even the frag vests
are kinda pricey. Passed up buying a Belgian vest. They are probably
the slickest thing I have ever seen, but $150 is a tad bit too much!
 Sometimes I actually think before I buy :-)

Steve