Re: [MV] Kevlar vests (bulletproof)

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 20:24:15 PST

Steve,

> Wondering if anyone can tell me if these are legal to
>buy and where you can get them.

Depends on where you are, I suppose. As far as I know there are no legal
restrictions within the US. You can purchase vests (with ballistic
inserts) from places like Brigade Quartermaster I think. They ain't
cheap! These are not US military issue, but you can get them with
various covers IIRC.

I have frag vests (without expensive ballistic inserts) from many
different nations. Two of which are designated for one of my MVs when at
shows. Personally, since I don't plan on either being shot or taking
shrapnel, I rather spend $60 or so on a frag vest instead of several
hundred bucks on a full ballistic resistant rig ;-)

Steve