Re: [MV] M4 Roadside Find

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 21:08:07 PST

Hi Sam,

I think you found yourself a M4 or M4A1 High Speed Tractor (18 tons).
 These vehicles were built by Allis-Chalmers to haul large artillery
(155s mostly) during WWII using a modified Sherman suspension system.
 Some 5500 M4s and a few hundred M4A1s were built between 1943-45. One
of my favorites :-) So yeah, if you got pics I'd love to see them.
 Passed up buying one locally due to other financial committments :-(

And if this ain't a M4/M4A1 HST... I really would like to see the pics!

Steve