ridable jeeps and kids

From: Allen (aquist@socket.net)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 12:33:55 PST

hello MV'ers, as you may know I have been fruitlessly seeking an MBmGPW,or
even CJ2a/ I recall at a chapter meeting being derided by an announcement
that"Al is looking for a free jeep" I have been on the very cusp of getting
a restorable 42 GPW since December and at a price I'm embarrassed to quote,
but it aint happening. Why do I want a jeep?well for all the usual reasons.
I'm a reenactor, do a chaplain impression ,I'd like to use the jeep as a
rolling Altar/pulpit. and hold services at every reenactment that I can go
to. Maybe some devout Christian could donate their spare MB as a donation to
an aspiring minister/man of God.and so forth. and get a tax break, Not
impossible. another motive is five kids aged 11 to 2yrs, my nephews and
nieces that I would love to go and pick up from school in an army jeep, I
fantasize about that one often. I have already begun to brainwash by giving
them tanks and g.i joes for christmas birthdays etc. Maybe I have delusions
of grandeur, I have no cash, credit, and i'm living hand to mouth on a
teacher's pension. But one little windfall has happened, I was at the
Rutledge flea market and picked up a wooden 75% completed child's riding
jeep,Never saw one like it. It looks like beetle Baily's m38. It has major
problems. the front end is obviously from a riding mower and it is mounted
wrong, if i did have four nice inflatable tire lawn mower wheels and mounted
them as is the jeep would be pointing upward at a 45 degree angle. need to
re-engineer the front end instal a motor, lights and the kids, at least one
of them can drive a jeep in the annual farmer's day parade, (another fantasy
jeep ride) so, anyone out there have parts to help me? free or cheep, help
me brain wash the Berlet children, last point: my step dad passed today, he
was a sailor in ww2, joined the USN in l940 at l8 yrs old, he asked for
duty on the USS Arizona, they put him on a ww 1 four piper tin can, He
wasn't my real Dad (he passed when i was 10,) but he was a good man who
answered his county's call, He told me many war stories. I can imagine
bos'ns mate St Peter piping him aboard the heavenly battlewagon. farewell
to earth seaman Lewis Ray Welch put your gear down and join ship's company.
I salute you.