Re: [MV] [MVlist] CUCV Blazer Rubber Floor matting and Insulation

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 09:44:36 PST

Ed (and list),
I agree with Glen. A spray in bed liner is the way to go. It does reduce the road (and engine) noise. I would recommend that you drive in a truck with the spray in bed liner, if you can. I cannot recall it well enough to say that the truck with the bed liner was as quiet as the one with the rubber mat. I think you are lucky that your truck does not leak. I've had three (two M1009s and an M1008) and friends of mine have several (two M1009s and two M1008s) and each of them leaks through the vent windows under the dash. The M1009s were also prone to leaking (at least the ones I have seen...those are the only ones that I have had experience with) around the rear window. The spray in bed liner (I have used Linex, but Rhino is great, too) does protect the cab floor from the rain.

Bruce

1957 M125 w/w
1966 M172A1
1971 M35A2