Re: [MV] [MVlist] CUCV Blazer Rubber Floor matting and Insulation

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 13:43:16 PST

Hi Ted...

> I would also be interested in knowing a source for the OEM style mats.
>All the ones I've ordered (after they SWORE that they were the OEM type)
>turned out to be an after-market mat that doesn't look like or fit anywhere
>close to the original.
> Word of warning.... The reason a LOT of the Blazers have rusted out
>floorboards is because the insulation got wet and stayed wet under the mat.
>We pull all insulation out. If no good mat is available, we paint the floor
>with non-skid sand thrown in. This is what the units in our area were told
>to do.

LMC Truck has what looks like a very nice molded rubber (actually
molded industrial polyvinyl) mat. It is available for the WHOLE floor
including the cargo area and under the seats and is molded from the
original floor pans. I don't know if it is actually OEM, but it looks
very authentic. In my catalog, they are shown on the inside cover
page. The set for the Blazer including mats to completely cover the
front area, rear cargo area and 2 wheel wells is $270.

They have them for Blazers and also Suburbans (including the area
under the center seats)...that's what I plan on getting for my M1007.
LMC Truck doesn't have an online catalog, but you can order a catalog
from their web site at www.lmctruck.com.

Good luck!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net