sand blasting

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 23:47:54 PST

I agree with the folks who suggest hiring blasting done - been there done
that --

Something else to consider::::

The used material is considered hazardous material and from a technical
point can/should not be just left where it falls. Under the right
conditions you will have to gather it up and dispose of it to hazardous
waste landfill -- or have someone do it for you.

 You are just blasting away and neighbor that does not really like all this
noise and dust calls govt. authority and complains - here they come - "what
are you doing??" --you say "sand blasting my truck" -- they say what are you
blasting off??" -- you say " well not really sure, lead based paint, CARC
paint, grease, oil, whatever" - they say "SEE YOU IN COURT''

I know of people who had hired trucks washed by outside contractor and had
to construct water collection point on lot where trucks were parked to catch
water and clean any oil or other hazardous material out of it before could
be allowed to run in sewer system, and this gets very expensive when you
consider you have to be able to handle rain water runoff also if you wash
vehicles on lot - even washing automobiles could bring same results. There
was concern that older autos would have lead deposits on them from when we
used leaded gasoline.

MY .02