Re: [MV] Queen Mum

From: John Stewart-Smith (john_stewartsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 05:15:34 PST

Sarge's thoughts about the Queen Mum;

Dave, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and your opinion would seem to
be heavily influenced by a derogatory news article run on MSNBC.
I was born and raised in Great Britain, and whereas the Royal family is by
no means perfect, the Queen Mum was the closest thing to perfect that the
country had.
If I ever meet you, I may like you, and I may like your style, but do not,
EVER, badmouth the Queen Mum in my presence.
I will take it as a personal insult.
In return, I promise to never insult any of your cherished idols.
I am in no way "chest-beating", I was just deeply offended by your remarks.
Many of her views were in line with the world at that time, the 'politically
correct' world of today can change the present, but not the past. These
things did happen, however no amount of complaining will change it.
On a personal note, the Queen Mum did think that the Jews were 'strange',
she was absolutely correct. I fought with Israelis and they are a wonderful
'strange' people, who if they were 'normal' would have perished long ago.
Also, Sir Winston was irritating and rude, but he was the right man in the
right place at the right time. My point is, there is a good side and a bad
side to every person alive, when the good outweighs the bad 99 to 1, it's
not worth wasting your breath dwelling on the bad. Only the press seems to
do this.
Am I upset at you Dave?
No, just a little disappointed.
I'm sure that you are really a good person,
-Sarge