Re: [MV] sand blasting

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 12:31:29 PST

I've got two Quicy compressors. Both are 10 hp - 36 cfm at 175 psi. One is plenty to drive a 1/8-3/16 tip with Black Beauty if I take a break every 10
minutes. Blast pressure is about 80 psi. The smallest practical compressor is a 5 hp, a real 5 hp which pulls about 25 amps at 220 volt single phase. You
can run a 1/8 tip at about 50% of the time with that. If you are doing something big like a duece, rent a rig - about $200/day plus media. Or spend the
money and buy the gear and have it done. Blasting in the city is tough. In the country no big deal.

Dave