Re: [MV] Sand Blasting

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 15:14:46 PST

I wrote
> >We could open the can of worms about water blasting also - I have done
> >this where you use high pressure washer and inject blast media into
water>

Bill wrote

> Interesting, but how do you inject the abrasive into the high pressure
> side after the water pump?
>
> Maybe I'll add some water to my (unused as yet) sealed sand-blasting unit.
> What can it hurt as long as you have sufficient pressure to overcome any
> clogging. Keep the dust down.

There is a device call in the trade a "downstream injector" which works on
the venturi effect given when a high pressure stream of water passes through
a device where the pressure is rapidly dropped to creat a suction that is
used to suck something - blast media, cleaning solution that cannot be run
through pump, etc. You will have for instance 2000 psi machine that will
force water through injector and pressure will drop to perhaps 500 pounds
and this rapid drop causes the suction to take place

My experience has been that any amount of water in the dry blast media will
cause clogging; whether air or water blasting.