Re: Humvee Part / Ebay Experience I won't forget!!!

From: Joe Scotti (humvee85@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 12:20:23 PST

To all Fellow Humvee & Hummer Owners:

Please beware of Ebay user H1trucks aka Blaine Kennedy from Calgary Canada.
He is selling Hummer brush guards, tires and wheels on Ebay. He has
admitted to me using Ebay to market to potential buyers and then negotiates
with them off-line. On February 16th, I contacted him regarding one of his
Ebay auctions and inquired about shipping costs of a brush guard. The
auction is listed below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1805374397

A few days later, we completed the sale outside of Ebay, using PayPal as
payment vehicle. The cost of the brush guard was $600.00, which included
shipping and brackets. This was on February 21st and he said the brush
guard would ship on Monday February 25th. After a couple of weeks, I began
to get concerned. I called and emailed him on numerous occasions because
the part had never arrived. I never received a response from him. Finally
last week, after putting in a claim to PayPal, he contacted me after being
contacted by PayPal. He informed me that the brush guard never made across
the Canadian boarder, but he claims he doesn't know where it is. He has
refused to give me the name of the trucking company and associated tracking
number to prove that it was shipped. I have asked for this on numerous
occasions.

According to PayPal he refused to address my complaint, so PayPal found him
at fault and credited my account $206.68 on March 29th. Why not the entire
$600.00? There was only $206.68 left in his account despite him telling me
and emailing me that the balance was $700.00. To this day (April 3rd),
despite the fact that he said he would wire the balance of the refund to my
bank account, funds have not been received.

Please, buyers beware, although I am not publicly accusing him of fraud,
(you can decide for yourself) he sure doesn't know how to run an E-commerce
business or provide any sort of good customer service.

Lessons learned, don’t negotiate out of an Ebay auction; don’t use PayPal,
use a credit card and don’t purchase anything from Blaine Kennedy in Canada!