auction suggestions

From: jaxincalifornia@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 09:10:48 PST

In a message dated 4/4/02 9:22:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, papercu@hotmail.com writes:

"Well Jack I have to say judging by your comments YOU was the only one confused about the truck. You did say it was only getting low bids so the other bidders was bidding on the right truck....If you and Gene keep telling G/l how to help sell we won't ever be able to find a "cheap" truck. Wayne"

Wayne I think you are assuming something and that is not quite the whole story. Consider that I was told where the GL trucks were parked that were for sale on this auction and I was looking at the truck I wanted and seeing that it was tagged the same as the net auction truck on my print out.

At that moment I didn't have any idea it was a "previously sold" truck, couldn't tell, even the hand written IA # looked like this auction number. Later on that day when I checked the internet pic, the fact that bidding was still low on this vehicle made me suspicious, but I figured it was likely due to the truck being advertised on the net as residue.

The one I was looking at was pretty nice. Question: Has GL ever put the wrong picture on the net? lol You bet! So it looked like they put the wrong pic in and that's why I doubled checked with them the next day to confirm I had the right truck. Hey, it's no big deal...it was a fluke, it happens, just a minor glitch and GL understood and apparently agreed with me.

And as far as pulling my bid, that was my choice based upon what I wanted. Buying and shipping residue might be fine for you, but it would have been a nightmare for me. Also it was a proxy bid and in theory I could have wound up paying many times over the bid at the time for piece of junk. Remember, I thought I was buying a complete runner and had a high proxy bid leaving me totally exposed.

Lastly: My suggestion to GL was at the very least to just tag previously sold vehicles as "sold" so they don't get confused with current inventory. Just a little thing to make auctions move smoother... not trying to drive up bid prices. lol

Jack