Re: [MV] Source for odd brake repair kits??

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@nachem.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 06:53:59 PDT

If you go in with your parts Napa is great, especially the out of the way Napa stores. I have found that usually the older people behind the counter will do more to help you out, especially if you let them in on what you are doing. Almost without fail, when they find out it's a military vehicle restoration they go out of their way to find what you need or point you in the right direction. As far as brake parts, I found a local guy that had brand new wheel cylinders for my M-135, that were identical to what I had, minus the name "Lockheed" in the casting. As far as bearings and seals, Napa had some of them, but Applied Industrial, formerly King Bearing, and Kaman have been great sources. Again, you have to take them the parts so they can measure them or cross-reference. I believe these are nation-wide companies, but if you find an industrial supply shop, if they don't have what you need, they know where you need to go.
Sean

MVPA 14222
51 M135
53 M38A1
67 M416

>>> <uniquemachine@air1.net> 04/11/02 06:42AM >>>
Take the cups and seals back to napa. I have looked through a
large book that they had with pictures and sizes of everything that
they have. I just found a match, and it was perfect. As far as
bearings and seals go, there is usually always some kind of
number on them that can be used to get replacements. If there is
no number, etc. they can be measured and matched.

Jon

Unique Machine & Engineering