Re: [MV] Collings Foundation B-17

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 09:40:36 PDT

The Confederate airforce B-24 is not a true Liberator. It is a LB-30, built
as a transport airplane. I know the brittish ordered a bunch and the USAAF
had a few as well. The B24 that is currently in restoration is owned by
Kermit Weeks of Polk City Fla. It was formally owned by Dave Tallichet(the
creator of the Bomb Group Restraunts throught the USA). I believe that this
airplane was a former Indian Airforce bomber.
               I also remember reading some where that there is another B29
that will be flying again in the future. But on another note, the Collings
Foundation also owns a flyable F-4E Phantom!!! Though I have yet to see
personally, the pics look great. I miss seeing the F-4 and their smokey
black trails over the skies of VT.
Jeff