Re: [MV] Canvas

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 18:54:38 PDT

I can speak with first hand knowledge of two of these, and dear friends have
told me of their experiences with two of them as well.
I have gotten several bits of Canvas from WeeBee, from seat covers to very
large, elaborate, expensive items (ALL the canvas items on a M170). All the
items fit perfectly. Occasionally, deliver is a little slower than I would
have liked BUT it is a mom and pop operation, and I have to way the
convenience of actually seeing this folks at rally's (including my local one)
and whenever I have a silly canvas question I can call Dave or Donna up and
talk to them AS LONG AS I NEED TO get the answers I need. I figure every
minute they are answering my (or your) question, and every minute they spend
your canvas. In my opinion, this is a fine arrangement, the price I pay for
expert advice, not money but a little slower delivery. So my first choice for
canvas vendor....WeeBee.

I have bought from Beachwood.....can never talk to expert on phone, when some
one does eventually (most of the time) call back, they don't seem to have the
level of expertise Dave (WeeBee) does, and sure as hell don't seem as
concerned with customer satisfaction. Delivery seems to be as slow or slower
than anyone else, and the quality (at least on M35 cab tops) doesn't impress
me either.

A good friend of mine bought a top for his M3A1 scout from Friday canvas (in
fact it is pictured in several of their ads) and has said nothing but good
things about them.

Another good friend (on this list too) bought a M35 cargo cover from
Beachwood. After they shipped him two (or was it 3) bad ones they finally
refunded his purchase price, less the shipping charges on all the bad ones
(and believe, motor freight on a deuce cargo cover is considerably more than
freight on a seat cushion!).

Of stump now.
David

In a message dated 4/11/02 12:14:20 PM Central Daylight Time,