Half Tracks for sale

From: Tony Castagno (tonycastagno@verticalthought.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 12:29:17 PDT

List,

I am considering selling off my two unrestored half tracks. One is a
very complete M16A1 and the other is a very solid parts track with
complete drive train and good tracks. I am looking to get 16K for the
pair or would consider selling them separately for 14K for the M16A1 and
3K for the M3. I would also consider an interesting military vehicle
trade or partial trade. Perhaps a nice MB or GPW or I would be very
interested in a GPA project if enough pieces are there or even a DUKW
that has more hull than holes :) Both tracks are located in Atlanta GA.
I shipped the M16A1 from Chicago to Atlanta for less than 800 dollars,
to give an idea of potential shipping costs. I'm not sure of the year
on either track, but serial numbers should get you that. I am planning
on taking some pictures this weekend. Please let me know your interest
and I will send photos. Let me know if there are any specific pictures
you need. Please feel free to send me any questions you may have.

M16A1
Has all armor minus grill slats, and freely turning roller. No Quad
Mount. Floor and all metal is very intact with no rust. Has the ammo
box storage in the floor again no rust. Has the floor panels that cover
the box storage. Has the 50 cal barrel mounts and can guides on the
floor and all door and latch assemblies are complete, including the rear
door. Has both self sealing fuel cells. Rear is complete with lights
and freely turning pintle hook. No usable gauges but have a very nice
speedometer I could negotiate in. Tracks on this one are approximately
20/50. Rest of suspension is good with a couple of rollers and bogies
needing replacing. Engine turns over but I haven't started it yet.
Apparently it ran 3-4 years ago according to the last owner. Engine is
complete including surge tank and air cleaner. Overall a very easily
restorable track which include all the original armor.

M3
No front or rear armor. Drive train is complete. Frame is pretty solid
but winch support was removed Engine was rebuilt within last decade and
has very few miles on it. Engine turns over freely with starter.
Haven't started engine yet but should start without too much effort. I
bought this track mostly for its track which are 60/60. I also bought
it for its clean engine and solid drive train. This track is comparable
to some of the tracks Gary shows on his site and in MV Magazine, with no
armor.

Cheers,
Tony