Re: [MV] Help with Welding - correction

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 14:05:20 PDT

I, being greatly broke, have one of these cheap lenses. I think it cost me a
little over $100. When using my AC welder and something small like a 1/8 6011
it works fine but when I use a 5/32 7018 on my DC welder I always wear a pair
of smoked cutting glasses under it. This works well. But one word of advice
when using a rod close to 1/4 inch you can melt your helmet if it is cheap.