Re: [MV] ME262 correction to Thompson statement

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 19:54:09 PDT

Just to correct a typo/error? The Thomson 1921/1928 could be had with three
magazine options. 20 round stick, 50 round type L and last was the big daddy
100 round type C. The thirty round stick magazine was a WW II invention.
There was no larger magazine for a Thomson, the reason the British Tommy
didn't like the two different sized drum magazines was they were perfectly
silent on foot patrol until you fired one round then every step you took
there was the remaining rounds slapping inside the drum so the enemy could
hear you coming over a 100 meters away.

James Shanks
MVPA 23128
1998 IMZ 8.103 Russian OD paint job right from the Factory. (Built in the
original plant in Irbit, Siberia, Russia. Comes complete with sidecar.
www.ural.com
1984 HD FLHT-C

.