Re: [MV] Frame or Body noises

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 05:07:31 PDT

The pop or "klunk" one hears when turning 90 degrees or so at slow speed
is usually due to one or both of the tamdem axles shifting slighty back
and forth at where the springs penatrate the perch. The more weight on
the back of the truck the louder the pop. There is about 3/4" of of back
and forth movement there. Look, you will see that the spring is the only
thing that keeps the axles from moving sideways.