Re: [MV] bounced messages?

From: Bill Kealey (bkealey@dmv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 18:35:41 PDT

I tend to agree, my ISP has been disconnecting me on a regular basis. When
I write or call their tech. service folks, whom by the way I am now on a
first name basis with most, they say the problem is with my computer and
that Windows is causing the problems by resetting all of the connection
settings. Great theory, except after the second call of this type, I
started keeping very detailed notes of every setting that they told me to
make changes to. The next time a different techie told me to set the
settings back to where they were before. Each time they do this the problem
goes away for about a month then returns. I am going through it right now.
But since I live out in the sticks and ISP competition is nonexistant unless
I want to pay long distance for every call I can only keep calling and
e-mailing them, playing the game. But they swear that there is absolutely
no problem with their system. Whatever, as long as the problem is corrected
each time. I also get the bounced messages and just delete them. So far it
dosen't look like I am missing anything there and if it does appear that I
am than I will just go to the web site and see what has been posted that
hasn't gone through. I guess what I am getting at in a round-a-bout way is
that the experts aren't always as expert as they would like for you to
believe.

Bill K.

MVPA
1954 USMC M38A1