Gear-Oil in winches & all gear drives:

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 20:34:36 PDT

--List, gear oil questions--
           I am an oil dealer and sell many gallons of gear oil every
year. All of our gear lubes are GL-4,-5 and GO H, and MT-1 rated for
all transmissions that are of standard shift from car trannys up to and
including,10 speed, 13 speed, 4 by 4 road rangers, all truck standard
shift trannys. The new gear lubes are designed to inhibit and prevent
corrosion of "all" metals including all brass components in gear drive
trannys.(synchro's) They are also designed to protect gears from crush
wear and all forms of heat and friction. You can put this brand of gear
oil in your winch and it will not damage it in the least. "Old" and new
trucks, including MV trucks, winches and all gear selections that
require gear lube. Do not fill it with chassis grease, use the weight of
lube specified or a multi-grade that is heavier if severe service is
expected.
---Regards----Terry Lane, Reedley Ca.
--1977 Mog 416.114--
--1974 M35-A2 (cab@chassis) project truck