Re: [MV] M35A2 winch gear oil

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 20:15:15 PDT

>but your winch will wear out very prematurely as will your steering box.
>grease will not flow properly and does not provide high pressure lube.
>and of course it doesn't leak out, it just sits there after the moving
>parts have pushed it away.

There is a really slick product from Mobil that is a semi-oil/semi-grease,
kind of in between. I use it in knuckle housings and in some steering
boxes. Unlike grease, it will flow on it's own. It was developed for just
such applications, hard to seal gear boxes. It's called, as I recall, EPO23
and comes in 5 gallon pails.

later,

je