Ford GTB Bomb Service Truck ???'s

From: Robert Buettner (ww2reenactor@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 14:42:56 PDT

Hello List-

I am writing this for a friend who does not have
e-mail so if I mess things up in the translation,
forgive me please.

My friend, Randy, bought a GTB last year and he is
finally starting to restor it this year. He wants to
have it ready for EAA AirVenture at teh end of July,
but he has some questions about it.

First off it is missing the bed. Does anyone have
bomb service truck bed measurements. Randy would
really like the dimensions of the I-beam and deck
width for the bomb rack.

Randy's Bomb Service Truck has duals installed. Is
this correct of a BST? In all of his searching he is
only able to find pictures of BST's with single tires
on the rear.

He also has a winch on his truck. All pictures he
found show that BST's did not have winches. Could
this be a case of data plate switching?

What do you guys think, can you help him out?

Randy Lamers' telephone number is (920)989-1378, or
else e-mail back to me.

Thanks,
Robert Buettner
Appleton, WI