'77 Blazer - tailgate manual window crank assembly

From: Orintz (orintz@hal3000.cx)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 15:56:05 PDT

Hi all,

Sorry for non-mil question but at least it is a part found on some
mil-vehicles:)
I have a 77 blazer , recieved new window crank, which came without tumbler.
Tried my old tumbler and it worked same as it did on old crank...
when you unlocked tumbler (extending pawl) the tumbler comes out of the
crank.
Bought a new tumbler and all local dealers have told me there is no
retaining clip etc,
"just fiddle around with it till it stays in" is what they tell me and no
one seems to know
more.
http://hal3000.cx/~orintz/crank.JPG
Thats a pictue of what I have.
Internally there is a tumbler a pawl and a spring...thats it.
I have the back side clutch piece and jesus clip.
I have been dicking around with this for a couple weeks and sure could use
the help.
Thanks
Orintz