Re: [MV] FV 432 MK1( Gas )

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 16:47:43 PDT

I'm not familiar with this vehicle, but based on the
symptoms, here is my theory:

Your rubber fuel pump diaphragm has probably
dry-rotted from sitting for a while and now allows
fuel to flow into the crankcase. If you run it in
this manner for any length of time, you will spin a
bearing. Voice of experience. :-)

For what it's worth, I caught the problem on my M38A1
fairly quickly, but by the time we cleaned out the
crankcase, replaced the fuel pump, and ran it again,
the damage had already been done. It spun a rod
bearing within about 20 miles of repairing the fuel
pump. :-(

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV
1952 M38A1 with aforementioned spun rod-bearing...now
rebuilt and at its new home in PA...