Re: [MV] FV 432 MK1( Gas )

From: Stuart & Jane Robinson (stalwart@nwlink.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 18:11:38 PDT

On Saturday, May 4, 2002, at 04:52 PM, alex gordon wrote:

> I have run into a problem with the gas.
> Last tine I operated the FV 432 the oil filed with gas so that it run
> out of the fill hole, at the time I thought I had not turned off the gas
> when I parked it . . . now over full again !!!
> Can it run that good and still dump that much gas in the crank case that
> quick ?? I hope someone on the list can help me with this as I'm
> stumped
> Alex

Alex

Mr Bluxom is correct, you most likely have a ruptured diaphram in your
fuel pump. I'm a little bit surprised by this as the rebuilt B81- I
have for a 432 has no engine mounted fuel pump but has what appears to
be a OEM block off plate. All my other Rolls Royce B81's for my
Stalwarts have the fuel pump on the lower right rear of the engine block.

New pumps and rebuild kits can be had from Marcus Glenn in England,
<http://www.marcusglenn.com> Tel:+44 (0)1406 364753

Stuart and Jane Robinson
Alvis Scorpion CVR(T)
Fox CVR(W)