Re: [MV] Need M101 trailer rear support leg and other questions

From: Jim Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 22:45:51 PDT

From: "Steve Grammont" <islander@midmaine.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 1:33 AM
Subject: [MV] Need M101 trailer rear support leg and other questions

> Now for the trivia question... what is the small box like thing on the
> outside, right side, front most panel? It is about 8" wide, 10" wide, 1"
> deep. Doesn't look like it can store anything but flat stuff. Just
> curious what its purpose was.

Does this little metal box with a flip up lid look like it could hold a couple of letters ?
I have not seen one on a 3/4 ton trlr., my 53- M101 doesn't have it, but, I think I have
one on my 54-M104 1-1/2 ton trlr.that is what you are talking about.

I'll take a guess and say that it is for documents, i.e. insurance, ownership, etc. or if the
trailer has been loaded and all tarped up there could be a list of contents placed in the box
that could be checked if the trailer was left in a compound and not unloaded right away.

Anyone else care to take a shot at this ?

Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca