Re: [MV] Need M101 trailer rear support leg and other questions

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 07:54:46 PDT

Hi all,

Thanks for the many posts about my trailer questions. I went and had
another look and it and can confirm what Jim Wiehe wrote:

"Does this little metal box with a flip up lid look like it could hold a
couple of letters ?
I have not seen one on a 3/4 ton trlr., my 53- M101 doesn't have it, but,
I think I have
one on my 54-M104 1-1/2 ton trlr."

Yes, this is EXACTLY what it is. Flip up lid is hinged on the front
facing side so that it looks sorta like a director's sceene board for
movie shoots ("Sceene 22, Take 5, <SNAP> action" <g>). Interesting to
hear that other M101s don't have this, but mine definitely does. Mine is
a 1954 M101 Canadian, so perhaps this is different than Jim's 1953 model
or the US manufactured ones. Dunno, but the box on mine is original for
sure. I did some paint scraping and the same paint layers are there as
with the rest of the trailer.

Also found a source for the support leg. Still interested in anybody
with info on tops.

Thanks,

Steve