Re: [MV] Polishing Gauge lenses

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 09:17:13 PDT

At 8:41 AM -0400 5/4/02, Tony Castagno wrote:
>Hello List,
>
>My humvee's gauges are a little hazy and I sometimes have to cup my hand
>over them to read them depending on the light. In the army we used a
>plastic polish to polish the scratches out of our protective mask face
>lens (Tanker version with the one face lens much like a fireman's mask)
>Would this stuff help my gauges? If so could anyone recommend a
>commercially available product? BTW thanks to everyone for all the
>great responses on my Tire cleaning question... seems like if Fantastik
>doesn't cut it, that Miller tire paint is the ultimate solution.....

There are some civilian made plastic polishes out there that are
directed at the motorcycle market. We bikers have Polycarbonate wind
screens and face shields that sometimes get small (or large)
scratches. The polish helps for the small stuff at least.

--
--
Ryan Gill                         rmgill@mindspring.com
    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo