[MV] M35A2 brake woes

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 19:35:19 PDT

Had a fellow call me for answers to his brake problem. He hauls
10,000 lbs. on steep grades. He uses engine compression to assist
the brakes on long down hills, but the brake pedal eventually gets
lower and lower so that it's only a couple of inches from the floor.
At the same time the brakes get spongy. He said the brakes do
get hot and after being on level ground a while, they return to normal.
I try to answer the many questions people pose, but this is a new
one on me. Could it be the DOT 5 Silicone fluid?
Joe Young