Re: [MV] Forwarding Jeep For Sale Notice

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 08:37:53 PDT

Hi List...

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1826199368

$22,000 and an even higher reserve??? Has there ever been in the
history of the earth an M151A1 or any M151 that has sold for anywhere
near this much? Especially one that was cut.

I mean, I guess I could understand if it was uncut and in perfect
condition with 19 miles, but this one looks a little beat up.

I could also see a collector paying that much for one of the legendary
"crate jeeps" still in the crate from the factory, never removed from
the box.

I can also understand paying this much for an early 1940's Jeep in
pristine original condition with 19 miles on it.

But I can't see that value on this vehicle...am I wrong?

I'm just curious, not necessarily criticizing the seller. Whatever
the market will bear is OK with me.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net